'For a youngling being an Astronaut is not just about going to SPACE,
but about the feeling
'I CAN'. Its about firing the imagination and giving thrust to ASPIRATIONS' - @Natspace
Jr Astronaut Space Camp
its like being an astronaut
'A picture speaks more than a thousand words', lets take a picturesque tour of Jr Astronaut Space Camp flow (all images are from our actual space camps)
A= HANDS ON ACTIVITY GA= GROUP ACTIVITY AV= AUDIO VIDEO L= LESSONS
Watch this awesome video of one of the Natspace Jr Astronaut Space Camp
Information for Schools and Participants >>
What is Jr Astronaut Space Camp: Mission Mars?
Jr Astronaut Space Camp: Mission Mars is one of the largest Space Camp based workshop for students grades 3 to 12. It’s a one day accelerated program that works around the idea of virtual journey to Mars.
Mars is seen as our possible next home due to various reasons like presence of Ice, thin Atmosphere and being in the Habitable Zone. The future space exploration for the century will be focused around Mars and India could be one of the leaders in Mars Exploration. To be a leader in space what we need is Financial Resources, Technology and most importantly Talented and qualified people to work on Space Missions! With this sole purpose we have taken the initiative to ignite the passion, propel the curiosity and channelize the right talent at school education level.
The central idea of camp is “Be an Astronaut for a Day”. So if you have to go on a mission to Mars and back what are the things you need to know? What are the things you need to do?. This is simulated in the workshop with Hands on SPACE STEM Activities and interactive session
The central idea of space camp is “To be an Astronaut for a Day”. So if you have to go on a mission to Mars and back what are the things you need to know? What are the things you need to do?. This is simulated in the workshop with Hands on SPACE STEM Activities and interactive session.
How Do We Do It? The program starts with forming teams of 10-15 students and assigning them a Team badge like Orion, Apollo and Challengers etc. Once team is formed, we brief trainee Jr Astronauts about the Space Camp, what's in it for them, rules etc.
What Do We Do…? Modules and Hands on Activities:
1. The Genesis: Story of Universe, how it all began from the Big Bang to infinity
2. How Universe Works: what is the physics behind the working of Universe, what it made up of?
3. Mapping the Universe: Digital Atlas, Exploring the vast universe through a NASA software
4. History of Race for Space: The early soviet and NASA missions
5. What are Satellites: How satellites are made, how they are put in exact orbit, orbital science
6. NASA and ISRO Mars Exploration Projects, Future of Space Exploration
7. Rocket Science: How Rockets work? What are the components, fuels used in a Rocket, Types of Rockets and uses
8. Make and launch Air Rockets: Make your own paper model of ISROs Rohini 75 Rockets (Indias first Rocket). Learn as you build the dynamics of space flight. Launch your Rockets using Air propellers
9. Train Like an Astronaut: Agility Test and course to let students know the importance of fitness
10. Space HAB: Build your own space city ( Team activity) using materials available around
11. Space Re Entry Capsule: How do Astronauts come back? What is a Re Entry Space Craft?, Build your own Space craft using given materials and test it.
12. Know about Natspace Programs and Mission Centre at Bengluru, and NMCA Mumbai, Careers in Space
Note: All Participants will get Activity kits required to make Rockets, Re Entry Capsule etc, Certificate of Training Completion. Also they become a part of Natspace Students Club, a forum of students to share ideas and projects.
Terms of Engagement: At Natspace we consider space education as our corporate responsibility as such we do not intend to make profits from our education programs and charge on reasonable cost basis.
Jr Astronaut Space Camp is part of our outreach program and is available to select schools based on how passionate the School Management is about giving their students real time exposure to practical Space Science education
Contact us via mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org